Saturday, June 9, 2012

Trip to Phoenix!

In early-May, Jake and I went to visit a good friend (and former mission companion) in Phoenix, AZ.  This was Jake's first plane ride, and he did great!  It was a little nerve-wrecking to get all my stuff through security, but once that was over it was all good.  Jake was so good on the plane - he enjoyed his bottle and then fell asleep on the way there.  On the way home, we had the whole row to ourselves so once we were up in the air I could buckle him in the seat next to me and he was able to play with a few toys and his books.  He quickly made a lot of friends. 

I loved being in Phoenix with my friend, Alissa.  She had recently had a baby so I got to see sweet little Ava.  She was adorable and had so much hair!  It was funny, cause I knew I said that several times while I was there, but anytime we went out it seemed like everyone commented on her hair.  She was a little sick while we were there, but what a sweet baby.  Alissa has a nice pool in her backyard, so we spent the majority of the time swimming.  Although, we were also able to enjoy some yummy food, go to the park, go to the hospital (spent a few hours in the ER with sweet Ava), relax...Jake also had his first swimming experience.  He did great and although didn't take to the water initially, after a few minutes, he seemed to enjoy it.  It was really relaxing! 



Swimming (in the kiddie pool).  The only pictures I got in the big pool are on our video camera which I haven't taken off yet!

Chillin' on the airplane

Sweet baby Ava



Our attempt at going to the park - however, at 9am it was already in the 90's - it was HOT!



Toe touch!




Every baby is a miracle - but I think Ava is quite the special little one :)

No comments: