Sunday, April 5, 2009

Steve is 35...Happy Birthday Babe!

My wonderful husband is 35 today. I am so grateful for him and all that he has done and continues to do for me. Here are just some of the reasons I love him:

  • He ALWAYS makes me laugh...even when I'm mad or sad he finds a way to make me laugh.
  • Steve is a hard worker...he likes to joke about being a government employee but I know how much he loves his job and wouldn't trade it for anything (except to be a house-husband, LOL). He is also a really hard worker in our home. He is usually coming up with projects to help around the house...I love that!
  • He dances...but only for me! He does this really cute booty-shaking dance that makes me laugh like a little school girl.
  • He respects me as a woman and as his wife.
  • He honors his Priesthood and is able to use it when needed :)
  • There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't tell me he LOVES me...that is such a great gift.
  • He tries to serve everyone...he'd seriously give everything he could to people who need it...I have to remind him that we have bills too :) He is willing to help anyone who needs it (and all it costs is a SLURPEE!)
  • He's a really good KISSER!
  • He is an AMAZING cook! There aren't too many things he has made that I haven't liked. He doesn't even have to follow a recipe most of the time...he just throws things together and they taste sooo good. He is baking bread right now (so he can give it to people - #7)...
  • He makes me feel safe...
  • He loves puppies sooo much. If he will love our kids as much as he loves dogs...then they are set! He got a little choked up when we watched "Marley & Me" :)
  • He's a big KID. I love being lightened up a little...he brings me down a notch when I need to just relax.
  • He LOVES his family.
  • He takes care of me when I'm sick...my favorite thing about being sick is knowing that Steve will make home-made chicken noodle soup.
  • He takes good care of me after surgeries...had my first in January and get to have another this month :(
  • He leaves things out of place just so I know he is still here...isn't that SO sweet ;)
  • He does dishes and laundry on occasion...LOVE that!
  • He loves kids...he teases his nieces and nephews SOOO much...but it is seriously because he loves them sooo much!
I am so grateful for Steve. He makes me so happy and has brought so much happiness into my life. I love you Steve...hope you have a wonderful BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man your husband sounds like the perfect man except for one thing the fact he doesn't have a puppy

Shauna said...

Kim...that was very sweet! And it's good to write those things down & never forget why you love them so much! :} He obviously sounds like such a neat guy...I really need to meet him someday! :}