Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Our Thanksgiving was pretty low-key this year. We spent the day with family and loved every minute of it! We started the day at my Grandparents home in Bountiful for a yummy Turkey-day lunch. It was fantastic to be with my family. We missed the Spencer's this year, so Jake was a lonely kiddo this year...but we still had fun! That afternoon we headed over to Steve's sister's home in Sandy. We enjoyed Cheri's delicious pies. Michael (Steve's nephew) was in town from Denver. Henry (Steve's brother) was also in town from Portland. This was both mine and Jake's first time meeting Henry. It was great and we look forward to visiting them someday (I have never been to the NorthWest area). Funny story...at least to me... Steve is talking to his niece who proceeds to tell us that Steve's brother was in town for Thanksgiving and that we should come over that night for pie and to see them. She tells Steve that Henry really wanted to see the baby. I say to Steve, he has never met me, doesn't he want to meet me too? Steve says, "Well, wives come and go in this family!" Haha...I thought it was pretty funny...although, this wife isn't going anywhere :) Since Jenny wasn't around this Thanksgiving, I failed to take any pictures. Thanks to Emily for snapping one that night...here is Jake on Thanksgiving!

No comments: