Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

Easter of 2008 is probably going to go down as the most memorable Easter I will ever experience because...I'm officially engaged!! So, I haven't been very good at keeping it a secret since Steve and I started talking about getting married. We have had fun doing things a little backwards - setting the date, planning the honeymoon, picking a reception center...oh, yeah, that's right, he has to actually ask me! Well, finally after knowing he has had the ring (well at least part of it) for over 2 weeks I wondered what he was waiting for. On Easter morning I met Steve at his sister's home in Sandy and went to church with them. After church, Steve told me to look at the Easter basket he made me. I was a little excited because I just felt like it might finally happen. I looked through all of the eggs as he sat there watching me, laughing, because he knew what was going on and I didn't. After looking through all of the eggs I looked under the grass and there was a ring box...I got all excited and was waiting for him to say something all cute and romantic but he didn't. I looked in the ring box and nothing was inside, he laughed and told me it would be better than that. Anyway, a little later he said that there were more eggs for me outside. We went on a little egg hunt and around the corner of the house he had spelled out in dyed Easter Egg letters "Kim Will U Marry Me". After I stood there trying to figure out what it said I got so excited. There was a golden egg that held the engagement ring in it. He then told me he loved me and asked if I would marry him...of course it was a YES. Steve is an amazing guy that I am so lucky to have in my life. I love him so much. We are getting married on September 19th...hold the date!! We enjoyed the rest of the day with both of our families. We spent the afternoon at Sugarhouse Park. Steve's family loves to go and throw eggs at the seagulls. I was amazed at how many people were there - it also happened to be great weather. Steve was so excited because he hit 2 this year.

Then we spent that night at my Grandma & Grandpa's house. It was such a fun day and one I'll remember forever.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Kim I happened upon your blog a few weeks ago. I was so excited tonight to find out you are engaged! I couldn't be more excited for you! Let me know about wedding showers, I would love to chat with you about all the details! Congrats again, Melanie Smith.

Zachary and Shanna said...

Congrats Kim!!! I am so happy for you. Can't wait to hear all of your details, I hope you will blog them. You will also have to take a photo of the ring so I can see it. Love ya, Shanna

Neiko said...

I am so excited for you! I want to see a picture of the ring! We should reallly all get together and meet him - unless you think we will scare him off! Congratulations - you deserve only the best!

Sara said...

Yeah Kim, I am so happy for you. September is a great month to get married. You will have to post the details of the wedding.

BreeAnn said...

Kim! I am so excited for you! I know you and I don't know each other THAT well, but we know each other through Jenny and I am so so so happy for you! You deserve all the happiness in the world! Getting married is so fun and new and exciting! ( and a little stressful at times ) You better send me an inviation! :) Congratulations!

Crystal said...

Congratulations Kim!! I'm so excited for you!! That definately is a great Easter!!

Sterner Family said...

YEA!!! Kim that is sooo exciting, you deserve the best! You are such a cutie!

~Dawn

Banham Luck! said...

Alright Kim, when you are ready to elope, let me know, I can help you with any questions. Congratulations!

Shylo said...

Congratulations! Wishing you many years of love and happiness.

pam said...

CONGRATULATIONS, KIMMY!!! I am so excited for you! I want to meet Steve and tell him that he is the luckiest guy in the whole world to get you as his wife! I love how he proposed. So creative and very memorable! Keep me posted on everything! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Tukuafu's said...

So, finally you got the ring? Talk about suspense waiting for Steve-0 to pop the question. Congrats to you and Steve- Can't wait to get together and meet him, he is lucky to have you! Love you!

Tiffany Jenson said...

okay kim--- if you don't recognize my name I am Boston and Weston's mom ---- I am friends with Breeann and I came across your blog. Congrats!!! i am very excited for you. isn't it a small world?

Megan said...

I can't believe you are getting married! You are such an amazing woman and I am so happy that you have found someone who treats you the way that you deserve to be treated! Love ya!

Spencer family said...

AWESOME!!!!!! We are so happy for you both. Of course a little more for him, because we know how lucky he is to have you!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Shauna said...

CONGRATULATIONS KIM!!! Hey, just saw Jenn's, and now your, blogs...how fun, I love this way of staying in touch! I am so happy & excited for you....glad to know you've found a good man because you deserve only the best!!
Glad to see life is treating you well! Know I miss you girls & hope to see you again soon!
Shauna (your Jazzercise buddy :})z