Saturday, July 19, 2008

Date Night with Zoey

A couple of weeks ago Jenny asked me if I would watch Zoey while she had Bunco and Ben had Young Men's. I was excited to take Zoey for the night. When I went to pick her up she was so excited and said, "Are you ready to go on our date?" I looked at Ben and he was like - Jenny must have told her you were going on a date. I told her we were going to have fun. I had planned to go shopping and take her to McDonalds - her favorite place because she can have chicken nuggets, fries, a toy and a sprite! We went to Walmart and McDonalds - I thought it was a great date - I told her we would go see Grandma...she kept saying "when are we going to go on our date?" I told her we were on our date. I guess she thought I needed to take her some place spectacular - like a Disney on Ice thing or movie...shopping at Walmart and McDonalds just didn't cut it. So, I asked Jenny if I could take her on a "real date" this past week. Steve works for American Fork City where they have Steel Days. They have fun things for kids, a carnival, picnic in the park and a movie on the big screen. I picked up Zoey for our date and she looked so cute. Jenny had gotten her all fixed up - not that she ever is not looking so cute! We had a blast. We drove to AF - the traffic was horrible - Zoey kept yelling at the cars, "get out of the way cars"...hmm, wonder where she got that - I'm guessing either mommy or aunt Kimmy. We finally got there and met Steve and had fun at the Carnival. We then went to the park where we had a picnic and watched the movie. I had such a fun time with Zoey - she is the cutest little girl and I'm glad we could spend time together.
Zoey loved the Merry-Go-Round and wanted to go on the tallest horse.


The caterpillar rollercoaster was her favorite.

We had to go on the Donald Duck boats.

She found a new friend on the spaceship ride.


Zoey didn't want to walk back to the car - I was too hot to hold her - so Steve gave her a ride on his shoulders.

I just thought this was cute.

We had a picnic - we picked up her Happy Meal on the way to the park.

This picture doesn't do it justice, but Zoey has the cutest freckles on her nose.

Zoey loves hanging out with Steve - so do I!

Zoey wanted to go on the big slide - once she walked up the steps she had a slight meltdown - guess she didn't realize that it would be that high. A nice little boy helped her by telling her to try it on her tummy - she finally came down and then said "That was so fun!"

Zoey told the lady she wanted a pretty red flower - she was so excited and wanted me to take a picture so she could see it...thank goodness for digital cameras!


We had so much fun!!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

She sure loves her Kimmy! Thanks again for taking her out! She finally let me wash the flower off her face after a day of wearing it. She didn't even want to go to the pool because "it would drip down her face". She had so much fun, and I'm sure she'll be talking about her "date" for weeks to come!

BreeAnn said...

YOu are such a nice Aunt! I bet Zoey loves you so much! Your wedding is getting so close! I am excited for you!

Kami said...

Zoey is the luckiest girl ever to have such a CUTE aunt like you. It looks like you guys had a blast. I am sure this is something that Zoey will always remember forever.

Shauna said...

How fun...and how lucky she is to have you for an Aunt! :} So, I wonder if she'll have this high of demands on "dates" when she gets older?! :}

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

You look like the world's greatest aunt! Lucky zoey!

Spencer family said...

You guys looked like you had a blasted! What a fun things to do. I think that you win at being the best Aunt!!!