Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Weekend

We had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. It started with a fun sleepover with Zoey. Ever since I've moved into my new house Zoey has begged to sleepover in her bedroom. I have a little room set up upstairs and she has always thought of it as her room. I spent Wednesday night out with Jenny and Zoey doing some shopping. On our way home Zoey asked if she could sleepover and it just so happened that I had the next day off work. It was fun....but she stayed up way to late...had to finish Alice and Wonderland first.

Thursday we spent a fun day at the pool with Zoey & Jenny. Zoey has been taking swim classes over at the WV Fitness Center. It was fun to go and actually swim with them...it was also nice to have an extra day off from work. Zoey was not going to let me just sit and hang out with mommy by the side. She was constantly wanting to jump in to the deep end with me catching her. It didn't end until we finally told her we had to leave. It was sure fun hanging out with them though. Later that night, Steve and I went and saw the movie "Hancock". It was okay. After the movie, we went to Steve's sister's home and hung out with some of his family.

Friday the 4th we spent the morning with my mom, helping her to clean up some things in her yard. It was a good day to do it because the clouds made it so it wasn't too hot. Steve and I spent the night of the 4th of July with a friend from Steve's mission. It was nice to meet the Wilburs and we had so much fun with their family. We had a bbq, lit some of our own fireworks and then drove to Cabellas where we watched the Thanksgiving Point firework show. It was a fun night.

Saturday, we celebrated my mom's birthday with her family. We had a yummy breakfast followed by a water war...it wasn't just a water fight almost everyone got involved and it quickly became a war. Zoey was the only one dressed for it, the rest of us got our clothes a little wet...some of us got them soaked. We all had a great time though.


Today is my mommy's birthday!! My mom is the most amazing woman in the world. I am so blessed to have her in my life. She has taught me what it is to be a mom. She would give anything for her kids and she wants nothing more than for them to be happy. Tonight we had a bbq at Jen & Ben's house. It was nice to be with our family again. I enjoy being with all of them so much. Thanks for being the best mom ever - we love you so much!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Those pictures are great of the water fight! Ha! Fun times!

Shauna said...

Gotta love time with the family! That water fight looked like fun! :}

Shylo said...

love all the pictures! Looks like you had a great 4th.

Tukuafu's said...

Happy birthday Mel! You are like a 2nd Mom to me too! Can't wait to see you on Saturday! Hope you had a fabulous birthday!

Jenn