Friday, October 3, 2008

The Honeymoon!!

Steve and I spent a week on a Cruise visiting 3 ports in Mexico - Puerta Villarta, Mazatlan & Cabo San Lucas. What a blast!! We had the most amazing time. It was a perfect vacation to be able to spend time together relaxing and enjoying time with one another. I loved many things about the trip but having a couples massage and eating whatever, whenever was probably my most favorite. The 24-hour ice cream availability was deadly - I'm such an ice cream lover and having it available all of the time wasn't the best idea...but it was sooo good! Having a massage was the best. I've always been nervous to get one, but oh...I'm hooked. It was fantastic and felt so nice. Mexico was hot...sooo hot! We just melted whenever we were out but we were still able to enjoy some time shopping, snorkeling, eating, and sight-seeing. We had fun on the cruise ship playing bingo and blackjack. They also had fun activities, comedy shows and of course more eating. Our room was quite nice. We splurged a bit and got a suite. It was nice to have a large balcony and more room to move around. I loved having a window and balcony...I don't think it would have been the same experience if we were in an interior room with no window. I really like being able to see light. We had great service on the cruise ship - our waiters, drink guys and cabin stewards were very nice and made it a wonderful experience. Here are a few pics from our trip, enjoy!!

Our cruise ship - the Carnival Pride

On our balcony before leaving for our formal dinner
Outside the dining room in front of the sunset - it was a beautiful night and it was fun to get all dressed up.
Our suite - the balcony is through the curtains. I'm taking the picture from the entry way next to the bathroom and there is a couch and little desk on the right side.

Steve enjoying an afternoon with some ice cream...

And me enjoying some ice cream...again...

Some of our waiters in the dining room

Us at dinner

On the balcony after arriving to Puerta Villarta

A beautiful resort in Mazatlan. We didn't have something specifically planned in Mazatlan so we spent some time visiting a timeshare resort. We listened to their 90 min schpill and said no...they gave us free taxi service around the city, fed us lunch, gave us drinks, time to spend in their resort, and $50 US cash to spend shopping. We thought it was worth it and enjoyed buying a few things in the shops.

Mazatlan

Another balcony picture...we had a lot of the close-ups/extended arm pics since we were on our own most of the time.

Lovers Beach at Cabo San Lucas...beautiful!

The arch at Cabo

Steve and I at our 2nd formal night dinner


Steve gettin' ready to snorkel...lookin' oh so hot!

Check out that babe...ya, I know I look hot!!


2nd formal night dinner

Last night on the cruise ship, so sad...

Steve giving me the sign that he is done with the picture taking...it had been a long week with pics at the wedding and then pics on the honeymoon - he was a good sport!

10 comments:

kim said...

You guys are just glowing,I love it! Oh, and definitely worth the 90 minute presentation.

Kami said...

Both of you look so happy!! It was fun to see all of your pictures...I can't wait to go on a cruise again. They are simply the best vacation.

Sara said...

I have been wanting to go on this cruise. It looks like it was a lot of fun.

Zachary and Shanna said...

Looks like tons of fun....we need to go on a cruise. I would struggle with the ice cream too. I love ice cream.

Jenny Weston Photography said...

It looks like you had so much fun. You both look so happy.

Glenn Amber Evans said...

Looks so fun!! I've never been on a curise. You guys look so cute:)

Shylo said...

Looks like you enjoyed your honeymoon! Great Pics. I love ice cream too...it makes me sick how much it costs these days though.

BreeAnn said...

Oh it looks like you guys had such a great time! I am so happy for you! You look so so happy!

Shauna said...

Awesome....sounds like a perfect honeymoon!!

SETHER+ONE said...

Looks beautiful! I'm jealous. I sorta need a vacation myself. I'm sorry that we missed the reception! I really wanted to go but we had plans we couldn't change. Anyhow, I think that maybe you weren't wearing makeup in a few of those pics, and I thought - man, she looks great without makeup!!! Congratulations, and I'm glad you had a great time!