Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

This past weekend Steve and I spent some time together in California. Steve's sister Lora lives in Corona with her family and we were able to go visit and spend time with them. We had a blast! Friday the weather wasn't the greatest so we spent time inside. We played the Wii for awhile - I kind of kicked Steve's butt...even though it was my first time! I loved the Mario Cart game - we are thinking it would be fun to have one now. We also went and saw the new Indiana Jones movie. Saturday the weather was better and so we headed to the beach. We spent time in Newport Beach and then Huntington Beach. It was a great day to be out in the sun - my head got a little burnt - I didn't think to cover my scalp with sunscreen, oh well. Sunday we spent the day at Disneyland. It was pretty crowded but we still managed to have a good time. We went on the Screamin' roller coaster 4 times - it was Steve's favorite ride and I loved going with him because he giggled like a school girl the whole time. By the 4th time I was done...started feeling a bit queezy. Monday we drove to San Diego with Lora and her family. Steve's parents, grandparents, great grandparents and brother are all buried at a cemetary in San Diego. It was nice to go and visit their grave. Afterward we enjoyed a picnic in the park and walked around some museums and just enjoyed being outside. Steve's nieces loved taking pictures and are quite the models...Steve isn't so bad either. Thanks to Lora and her family for letting us stay with them. It was fun to meet them and get to know them.

Lunch at Disneyland

Us again...

Just me this time...California Advenutres...

Steve and the Loders (some of them) in front of Steve's parent's grave.

Don't ask!?!

I wish we would have been smiling, oh well...BTW, my ring finally came in and you can kind of see it in this picture!

Steve and his nieces posing for the camera - Katie, Steve, Stephanie, & Kelsey

Steve and Katie striking a pose.

Kelsey, Katie & Stephanie and some weird statue that we thought looked cool.

Stephanie

Kelsey

Katie

Katie again

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I so wanted to be there with you. I can't wait to go to Disneyland again!

Zachary and Shanna said...

looks like tons of fun. I love Disneyland....The happiest palce on earth. I still can't see your ring you need to do a close up.

Shylo said...

How fun!! I love California. Ditto on the ring close-up...I would love to see it. :)

Spencer family said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! (We need to take a trip to California!) I'm glad that you were able to spend time with his family!

Anonymous said...

Knighton hey how are ya? I'm glad that you and my mom met, what a small world. Congrats on the wedding, we should get together sometime, to swap old war stories.

Gough Clan said...

Kim,
How are you? I am so EXCITED you are getting married. Steve looks so nice. I couldn't be happier for you. I found your blog on... I can't even remember. I swear once you visit one person you find everyone. I would love to hear from you. Have fun with the wedding plans.