Saturday, January 29, 2011

January - Summary of Events

It is hard to believe how fast January has come and gone. We've had a good month with a lot of exciting things happening. Here is a summary of what we have had going on this month:

  • New Primary Class - It has been fun getting to know the new kids in my class. I also have been assigned a new team teacher which has been fun. I teach the CTR 4 class (4-5 year olds). They can be a handful but are very cute and pretty sincere in their love for Jesus Christ and the Gospel. We are learning/teaching the kids this year about the truthfulness of the scriptures and how they can know they are true. We have a cute primary presidency that has really done a good job on implementing the new theme this year. I also love a new song we are learning in Primary this year. I got to fill in on a spur of the moment with playing the piano one week - I quickly gained an appreciation for the music director - they do amazing work trying to help these kids learn these songs!
  • Steve's Calling at Church - Steve has had a fun time organizing the ward building cleaning assignments. Instead of having church cleaning assignments be voluntary, our ward has implemented the new direction to make mandatory assignments for cleaning the ward building. Our ward shares the building with 1 other ward, so we are responsible for cleaning the church 6 months of the year. Steve has organized the cleaning into 8 different assignments. Each family in our ward has been assigned 2 assignments for the entire year. They have their one assignment, can enter the church each Saturday anytime between 8-11am and perform their assignment. So far it has been pretty good, with a pretty good turnout on assignments...it will take a little while for everyone to get on board, but it sure makes it easier for all ward members.
  • Biggest Loser Competition - I decided to participate in a Biggest Loser competition! It is a 12 week competition that required a $30 buy-in fee. There were approx 130 people that entered and so first prize is close to $2500...that is a ton of motivation, right?! The first 2 weeks I did awesome - lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks. This week has been a little more difficult, so I hope to at least maintain the 8 pounds I had previously lost.
  • Family Birthday Dinner - We celebrated the January birthdays in my family on Sunday, January 16th, at G&G Lewis' home. The January birthdays are my brother Dean (the big 32) and my cousin Alan (19). It is always a fun time to be with my family.
  • Sleepover with Zoey - I had a primary quarterly activity to attend on Friday, January 21st - it was a pizza & pj party for the kids. I decided to invite my niece Zoey to go with me and then have a sleepover at our house! We had a fun time - she loved seeing all of the "new" kids at "Kimmy's church". She was excited to tell her mom and dad about throwing marshmellows (David & Goliath), running like a football player (parting the red sea), pushing kids in boxes (Lehi's family arriving to the promised land), playing with the animals (Noah's ark), and fishing... We then went back to my house and she wanted to watch Nemo (we watched it once at night and once the next morning)! She loves her movies!!
  • Layney's Adoption Finalization - My sister & brother-in-law had their final court appearance yesterday (Jan 28th)...this was the finalization of their adoption process. Layney was absolutely the cutest ever with lots of smiles - it was like she knew what was happening and what a special day it was. We loved being a part of it with them! We celebrated afterwards with a small group of family going to Little America for Brunch. It was a fun morning. So looking forward to next weekend when they will be sealed in the Temple and she will be blessed.



Jenn & Ben's caseworker Rachel




Aunt Diane and Cousin Leticia

Grandma (My mom)

Great Grandma & Grandpa Lewis (my grandparents)

  • Adoption - Steve & I have made the decision to adopt! It has been an amazing process watching Jenn's family go through this experience. We know there are many ups and downs through the adoption process, but we are ready and excited for this new adventure!! We know that it can be a long and expensive process, but we know the Lord has a plan for us and are preparing ourselves as best we can for our future :)
  • Macey - Isn't she still the cutest dog? I had to snap a few pictures of her laying in Steve's lap. If we are watching TV, she is typically on his lap or on his shoulder. She is the sweetest little girl and we definitely have a soft spot in our hearts for her.





Until February....

No comments: