Thursday, December 6, 2012

NoVeMbEr - A Month to be THANKFUL!

I joined in on the thankful bandwagon this November and posted something I was grateful on my Facebook page, most days of the month...sort of stopped being thankful after Thanksgiving Day (not literally, as I am always thankful)...but stopped posting:

  • Nov 1st - My husband, Steve. He is my rock, my support, and truly my best friend who loves me no matter what. A day does not go by that he doesn't tell me I'm beautiful and how much he loves me....I feel so blessed to have him in my life.
  • Nov 2nd - I am so grateful for my son, Jake! He is the light of my life. As I have struggled with my back this week I have had to leave him a lot with my sister... My home doesn't feel the same when he isn't here. I love this boy more than words can say. He is so funny, so cute and just a really sweet boy. As I lay here snuggling him this morning I'm reminded of the days we didn't have him in our lives and am continually grateful for the amazing blessings from my Heavenly Father to make being a mom such a wonderful reality! I love you Jakey Baby!
  • Nov 3rd - My Aunt Monica. She is simply amazing! She offered to come and clean my house today because I haven't been able to do much this week. She not only cleaned my entire house, she left us food for dinner and some treats for Jake. I couldn't ask for a better family - they are the greatest people in the whole world! Love you Monica!
  • Nov 4th - I'm very grateful for my parents - each for very different reasons. I couldn't ask for a better mom. She is so loving, kind, generous, strong, smart and beautiful. I don't tell her enough how much I love and respect her. Life hasn't always been the easiest for her, but she is strong and has always put her kids (and grandkids) first. My dad has always taught me to work hard and remember ...
    to have some fun every once and awhile. I tend to be slightly structured with many things in my life - my dad reminds me I need to play a little. He helped me to realize the importance of obtaining a good education to be able to provide for myself and my family. I am very grateful for wonderful parents that continue to love and support me in all I do.
  • Nov 5th - I am so grateful for my beautiful sister, Jenn. Not only is she my sister - she is my friend! I love her to death. I leave my boy with her several days a week while we work...she is so good with him and loves him so much. I never worry! She is also a great mom to her beautiful girls and a good example to me. Thanks for all you do for me and my family!
  • Nov 6th - Today I am thankful to live in the greatest Nation in the world. I am so blessed with opportunities that wouldn't be available otherwise. Our freedom is the greatest blessing - to worship how we may, to pursue our dreams, to vote for whom we believe should lead our country. I love this America and pray for it's strength and leadership.
  • Nov 7th - I am grateful for my friend Alissa Bahr for introducing me to the most fantastic drink in the world - Peach Fresca. It's seriously the bomb!
  • Nov 8th - Today I am grateful for a wonderful job and incredible coworkers! I feel very blessed to not only enjoy what I do but am blessed to enjoy those with whom I associate each day.
  • Nov 9th - So grateful for good friends! Excited to have night out with my BFF's...miss you every time Jenn White!
  • Nov 10th - Grateful for good movies that are entertaining and make you laugh. I enjoyed watching "Pitch Perfect" for the second time. Love that show - can't wait to buy it!
  • Nov 11th - I am grateful for all my Facebook friends! You make a girl feel so loved on her birthday!
  • Nov 13th - I am grateful for my husband's mad massage skills! My left leg (sciatica) has been so annoying and painful over the past few weeks. I can always count on him to make it feel better! Love you Babe!
  • Nov 14th - Today I am grateful for these two cute girlies! I am so blessed to have the 2 cutest nieces on earth. Zoey is so smart, beautiful, sweet, caring and has the heart of an angel. Layney is cute, sassy, spunky, and so funny. I love their little personalities and am grateful to live close enough to see them several times a week!
  • Nov 16th - Very grateful for the gift of adoption! Infertility is a difficult trial to bear and the gift of motherhood that one woman can gift to another is so selfless and heartfelt! We love our Jake and will always be eternally grateful for our birthmom making the choice to provide him a home she thought she was unable to provide. So thankful for her amazing sacrifice!
  • Nov 18th - Some days are harder than others. Some days it is hard to find anything to be grateful for - but I hate that negative attitude...so, today I'm grateful for the small things - a roof over my head, food on the table, warm blankets on my bed, electricity, cars to get us where we need to go, ability to see, hear, touch and feel.
  • Nov 20th - I am thankful for modern day medicine - there is no way I would have made it without good doctors and pain meds these past few weeks. Had another spinal nerve injection today and am REALLY hoping this one does the trick!
  • Nov 22nd - What a wonderful day! Love my family. Love Steve's family. We are truly blessed with the most amazing people in our lives. Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: