Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was so wonderful this year. I have always loved this holiday - good food, family, football, games & fun. This year brought special meaning to me. I have never been as thankful for anyone in my entire life as I have been this year for Steve. Steve is such an amazing husband. I'm grateful to have such a good friend. He is always willing to help me with whatever I ask (and sometimes when I don't ask!) He loves me to no end and I feel the same. There isn't a day that has gone by that he hasn't made me feel like the luckiest woman on earth. He treats me with such kindness and respect. He tells me often how much he loves me. I love him so much and look forward to many, many years of happiness.

We spent the day at my Grandma Lewis' home. She outdid herself once again. Everyone helped contribute to the best dinner ever. I felt so guilty because all I had to bring was whip cream! I guess I'll get a bigger assignment next time. Our whole family was there this year. We are so blessed to have so much. This time of year always makes me think about how blessed I truly am. After a nap and a round of scrabble we headed to Cheri's house. We spent a few hours just talking to Cheri & Max. How grateful I am for such wonderful in-laws. They are amazing people. Steve has such a great family and I am thankful to know them and be a part of their family.

Grandpa & Grandma watching Zo. They just love her and boy does she love them. Zo loves to go to Grandma "Wewis's" house (she doesn't say her L's so good).

Shelly & Zo - eatin' some pie!

And the word of the day - SCRABBLE! We've always played scrabble or done puzzles on Thanksgiving.

I couldn't get a serious picture out of him the whole day... so here is the best I could get - I know, he looks a little crazy!?


Cute Dean & Sarah


Mom & Linda

My cute Jenny

Zoey and Davis getting the presents for Grandma Lewis

Zoey helping Grandma Lewis unwrap her presents.
We celebrated Grandma Lewis' birthday after dinner. Monica wrapped a stuffed animal that Zoey was playing with and Zo opened it over and over. She just laughed over that. Talk about making Christmas easy this year... just re-wrap things she already has - she really just likes opening them!

4 comments:

dsharp said...

Kim~~Looks like your family had a blast on Thanksgiving. Love looking at the pics. Deanna

SETHER+ONE said...

I miss Thanksgiving already. Good thing Christmas is coming up! What am I going to do after Christmas. I guess there's New Years Eve. But THEN what am I going to do?!

pam said...

Ah Kim, I love reading your blog. You are such an amazing girl! You and Steve are so in love. I love it! You deserve nothing but the best. I loved reading your little "husband tag". So cute!!!

Shauna said...

Sounds like a great day...just as Thanksgiving should go! Good food, Family time, nap & games....my kind of day! :}