Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ward Chili Cookoff

Steve loves to cook...and I am so grateful. I've never really loved it, I don't mind doing it occasionally but have never really felt good at it. Well, Steve loves it and is good at it so my life is so much easier. We decided to attend our ward's fall festival on October 15th. They have several games, mostly for kids. They also have a chili and pie cook/bake-off. Steve entered and took 2nd place. There were about 20 different chilis there and I told him that was really good. He was kind of insulted - he expected to take 1st. The lady who won had a vegetarian type chili - Steve said that is like illegal to do. Needless to say, his chili was a hit. I forgot to take my camera so these pics are of us once we got home. I made Steve smile with his chili even though he was already about to go to bed! What a good sport!


Most of the chili was gone - several people really enjoyed it.


Steve humoring me.


Steve's 2nd place prize - a bowl full of treats.

Just me posing for the camera.

1 comment:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Move to Logan so Steve can cook us dinner 3 nights a week!!! (and so we can be friends)